Imagine you are hosting a party. Your husband has lovingly baked a cake and brought it for the guests.
But the design on the cake got disturbed, and you are furious. You do not wait until the guests are gone, but go ahead and criticize him in front of everybody.
Doesn’t that situation sound rude? Such incidents happen if we do not respect each other in a relationship; if a wife does not see the need to value her husband’s self-respect. You would not want such situations to happen in your life. And you can make sure they do not happen if you respect your husband.
Here Are Some More Reasons Why You Should Respect Your Husband:
The answer is simple: Husband and wife need to respect each other just like two adults do. The two are equals in a marriage. Men crave for respect and honor while women look for love, romance, and trust in a relationship (it does not mean they do not need respect).
Your respect for your husband will encourage him to fulfill his duties as the head of the family. He gains the confidence that he can measure up to your expectations and you are always there to support him.
The man of the house will not hesitate to take some crucial decisions as he knows that you will not demean him if things do not go the way they should.
On the other hand, if you tend to criticize your husband for every move he makes, he absolves of his responsibilities.
- He supports the family emotionally and financially.
- He is a hard-working person, who constantly strives to keep the family happy.
- Your husband is the role model for your kids.
- He loves you unconditionally and stays beside you during hard times.
- He trusts you and comes to you with any problems he has professionally or personally.
- Your respect acknowledges his qualities as your husband and a father to your kids.
- Your respect motivates him, and he tends to love you even more.