Top 21 Tips To Improve Your Chances Of Pregnancy
Here are a few tips to better your chances of getting pregnant.
- Health checkup: Go for a preliminary health checkup to ensure that you are medically fit. You can take ovulation and sperm tests, which are the essential parameters for deciding the couple’s ability to conceive. Moreover, awareness of one’s own health ensures a safe and healthy pregnancy.
- Maintaining body weight: The weight of the woman plays a crucial role in conception. Being overweight or underweight leads to hormonal changes in the body, which can hinder your chances of getting pregnant. Following a healthy diet and staying physically fit with exercise can help you maintain the ideal body weight.
- Healthy lifestyle: A healthy lifestyle can help in improving your fertility. Avoid drinking alcohol, smoking, taking illicit drugs as they can adversely affect your chances of getting pregnant.
Avoid excess consumption of junk foods and include fruits, veggies, meat, fish, and dairy products (especially organic foods) in your diet. Also, exercise regularly to maintain your body weight. This will further enhance your fertility by promoting sperm quality and healthy ovum.
- Monitor ovulation period: Track your ovulation period to know the right time for intercourse for conception. For example, if you have a 28-day menstrual cycle, you will ovulate on the 14th day. So, the fertile window opens from the 11th to 15th day, which is ideal for having sex. You may also speak to a gynecologist for advice.
You can also check the consistency of cervical mucus and the basal body temperature to track your ovulation period.
- Follicular monitoring: If you are unable to track ovulation on your own, the doctor can help you with follicular monitoring. With the blood hormone test and ultrasound of the ovaries, they can tell you the right time of ovulation.
- Fertility-boosting foods: Nutrients like folic acid, vitamins C, A, D, and E, zinc, potassium, and copper are essential for enhancing fertility. These foods, which can be obtained from your diet or supplements, help in the production of healthy ovum and improve the quality of sperms. The foods you should eat include:
- Green leafy vegetables: Spinach, kale, broccoli.
- Oily fish: Sardines, salmon, mackerel.
- Zinc-rich foods: Cashew nuts, pumpkin seeds, shellfish, organic grass-fed lamb and beef.
- Complex carbs: Wholegrain bread, rice, pasta, sweet potatoes.
- Protein foods: Chicken, dairy, nuts, turkey, tofu, seeds, eggs, legumes.
Please Scroll Below for NEXT Page to continue